Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Riverside

Riverside, California is a nice place.... especially in the winder. The temperature when we arrived today was in the mid 70s F. I'd say that is pretty nice for lat January. Lot's of sunshine, too.

Audrey and I went to "The Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf" for our afternoon coffee. It was a nice stroll about Two block from our hotel. The espresso cheesecake was great, and s was the coffee. Black of course! Hey they understood what I meant when I said, "black." So did the flight attendant. Who ever started this "room" and "no room" business? When I say, "no room" I usually get "room". That must be because it's so noisy in those shops that they don't hear the first word. Why can't I just say "black" ?

Anyway, Audrey and I snacked ourselves out of much of an appetite. First it was the cheesecake, then we went to the hotel concierge and ate some pretzels. So we decided weren't not hungry enough to eat a big meal. So it is back to the concierge to see what they have for tonight. A free meal, how about that? It kind of goes along with our free hotel for this week. Yes, Sir! It's all on Marriott points. The flight was one United Miles. We also get free internet, a free upgraded room, and a large flat panel TV. I think breakfast is free also.

I am due for some more relaxation and reading tomorrow. Probably some Starbucks, which is also free, and a stroll around town. So far it is a great vacation. I'll check back with you tomorrow.

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment