Saturday, June 12, 2010

Hail Damage

Hail damage is usually not a good thing, that is, unless you need a new roof. Well, yesterday it hailed, and hailed, and hailed. As it was beginning I ran out to the driveway to back my truck into the garage. No damage there except the hamstring I pulled racing to the truck. Ouch!

Then I stood inside the house and watched the hail pile up on my sidewalk and deck. I was happy to see it change from pea size to marble size. I thought, "this is it! This is what I'm waiting for!" The hail kept coming down and kept piling up. But it got no bigger. The only damage was a few more shingles loosened by the wind, the leaves on the tree knocked off and shredded, and the plumb tree pretty much got flattened. Oh, and one hamstring that hurt the rest of the evening. Still hurts!

I guess I'm just not lucky. :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment