Sunday, August 29, 2010

No Number

As of late my business has really picked up as it usually does this time of year. What people should have had done in May and June, they are now trying to get done before the winter sets in. Therefore the home repair business has its best months a August through November. Because of this I have been considering hiring more sub-contractors.

One guy impressed me. He wanted part time work. He shared his experience. He said he had tools and a truck. I was busy when he called and said I would call him back. I assumed his number would just show up on my phone. But, alas! When I tried to call him back I discovered that his phone numbers was one of those that is restricted. So I thought I might find it through the white pages...., but no, I couldn't get it there either. I called 411.... no luck there, either.

So I am wondering why anyone who is looking for work would make his phone number unavailable. Isn't part of the idea of looking for work is to actually have employers call you? In this case I think we both lost.

Speaking of no phone numbers, what about those solicitors who constantly call, from a restricted number. They don't want you to know who they are. There's just something shady about these people. I will never buy anything from a restricted phone number. After you buy, how do you call them for customer service?

Anyway, if you are calling me, I only think it is fair that I know who it is. It is just ethically wrong. And in my mind.... sinful.

No comments:

Post a Comment