Saturday, August 21, 2010

Too Tired to Blog

In case you haven't noticed lately, I've been too tire to blog. Heck, I can't even stay awake to watch a Colorado Rockies game. Of course it would help if they actually scored a run once in a while. Well, actually, that is what they do. One run about every other game. Anyway, when I'm already tired it doesn't help me stay awake.

That reminds me when I was a kid. My dad would watch TV at night (black and white) and he'd balance this cup of coffee on his knee while he had one leg folded over the other. I don't know how he did it, but he'd fall asleep watching TV and never spill his coffee. So my brother and I got the idea that we would make some loud noise. And sure enough he'd jump awake and coffee would go all over the place. Mom got a big kick out of this until she realized that her furniture started smelling like sour cream.

Anyway, when you get up at 5:15 AM, work in the heat all day fixing and building things, around 9:00 PM the eyelids magically get heavy. Of course I have to stay up an watch the rest of the game or the news, weather, and sports. Did you see Miguel Olivo slam his bat down in front of the umpire when he was called out on strikes. He was also ejected out of the game. I saw that pitch.... it was a strike. I guess he was just tired and lost it! Believe me, when you are really tired you do things you wouldn't normally do. Going to bed early wouldn't be a bad idea, though.

Of course, when you reach my age you realize that the old clock on life is ticking down. The bad knees and white whiskers kind of tell a guy the same thing. So you realize that there is only so much gas left in the tank and why spend the rest of your life sleeping. So stay awake and make the most of what you have left. I did this the other day. I sat up and watched the Rockies game until late in the night (west coast game). And when I woke up something else was on. That's okay 'cause I got the score the next morning anyway. The score told me I didn't miss much.

So the reason you haven't gotten many blogs from me lately is that the Rockies haven't made my life very exciting and I get so tired that I can't even think to blog. Like this morning, you probably think I'm still too tired to blog and wish I hadn't. At least you wish you hadn't read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment