Friday, November 26, 2010

Black Friday

My favorite Starbucks is at 102nd and Grant. Yesterday, Audrey and I were there and the business was very slow. Of course it was Thanksgiving Day and people had other priorities like watching the Detroit Lions and Dallas Cowboys loose again. Coffee at Starbucks would have been better. And yes, those lucky enough to have family around enjoyed the feast and fellowship.

Well, today I headed for Starbucks at about 6:00 am. There was a long line of cars I had to wait for to turn into the plaza. WalMart, Gordmans, Home Depot, and others were all running their Black Friday specials. The parking lots were full. Shoppers were everywhere. Me, I had to go to work so I settled for Starbucks "Black Coffee Special" which is black coffee at the usual price. People were lined up here, too.

A little chat with my friend, Cory, over coffee. Then off to work. By the way.... where is Cory this morning? Oh, ya! It's Black Friday and I am sure he's not walking his dog. OK, then, it's coffee by myself and off to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment