Thursday, November 18, 2010

Screams of Agony

Monday Daniel, my subcontractor, and I were hanging doors in a customer's house. The home owner has an office in his basement and spent most of his time there, other than when he was checking on the job.

Suddenly we heard these very gut-wrenching sounds as a man would make when in extreme pain. Over the years I've made a few of those sounds when I've gotten sever leg cramps in both legs at the same time. these screams of agony went on for about a minute, then quit. I looked at Daniel and he looked at me. He asked me if the man was okay. I didn't know.

Suddenly, these same groans, or screams of agony started up again. I thought I'd better check. The man's office door was open so I peeked around the door far enough to see this man's hand up in the air with his fingers jutted downward at a strange and awkward angle. The groans of agony went on.

I looked lower, below the man's hand toward the floor. And there was his dog. The man was okay. He just happened to be playing with his dog. So, he was okay..... or was he?

No comments:

Post a Comment