Thursday, May 5, 2011

Back From the Dead

I think we all remember that not too long ago at the peak of the recession all three major Auto manufacturers in the US were facing bankruptcy. Only Ford Motor decided to refuse government funding. I remember when their stock was $1.16 per share. Now it is over $15.00. This company has resurrected itself and they have done it with some of the finest technology and best vehicles on the road.

Because I bought my F-150 during the worst part of the recession a got a great deal. After driving the truck over 40,000 miles I still think it is a great deal. I have had zero malfunctions with the truck, mechanical or otherwise. No rattle, no squeaks, no hassles. Highway gas mileage is 21 and all around has been 17. And it is comfortable, quiet, and nice riding.

But now I see a whole new line of Fords coming along that are pretty skimpy on gas and have great designs. Their Explorer won truck of the year awards, their Vertrek won concept car of the year. They are making cars on their new C platform that have great design and superior technology. The Vertrek is the design for the new Ford Escape coming in the future. I'd buy that car if it was available now.

Ford Motor came from death row to be a leader in the automotive world. They have proven that a company can remake itself. And now with their eco-boost engines in their F-150 they get even better gas mileage with more towing power. I give Ford Motor high marks, right now higher than Toyota, Honda, Nissan, Mercedy Benz, Audi, and those South Korean cars.

No comments:

Post a Comment