Tuesday, May 3, 2011

So Osama is Dead

Osama Bin Laden was a mass murderer with an evil mind. He preyed upon innocents. He was cowardly and sick! And so are his followers. Let us not forget that he not only murdered thousands of people on 911, but he continued to do so up to the time of his death. The world is better without him. Those who are not supportive of his death evidently had not lost one of their own loved ones at 911, at war in Afghanistan, or in one of his planned suicide bombings. Of course, the coward always had someone else carry out the suicide bombing.

Do I rejoice in his death? Well, I'm not dancing in the street, but I am very glad that he is gone and can no longer murder innocents. I would rather he stood trial and would have to wait like so many others do in solitary confinement awaiting his day at the gallows, for the anticipation of death can be worse than death itself. I would even be in favor of no certain date foe execution. I would want him thinking that, "perhaps today, or tomorrow, or the next day would be the day."

I don't think for one minute that our world is safer. Perhaps the opposite is true because of the threat of retaliation. But they must know now that "they can run but they cannot hide." We will find them and they will be brought to justice.

For some reason my Starbucks tastes better than usual today.

No comments:

Post a Comment