Friday, October 7, 2011

Too Busy to Blog

Apologies to everyone. I've just been too busy to blog, and sometimes too tired. Like you miss this when I don't. Like I said before, this blog is more for me than it is for you..... but I do hope you enjoy it.

But, I truly have been too busy. My business is rolling along pretty nice right now. After the summer rush it looked like it was going to slow down, but it picked right back up. Good sign for the economy, right? Well, not really.

Many of the repairs I'm doing are for older people who want to fix things up before they sell their house and downsize. I do fixing on houses that are to be sold because people can no longer afford them. When the recession first hit in 2008 my business picked up dramatically because people decided to keep and fix up what they have rather than upgrade. Back then they would have three or four things on their fix it list and I was hired to do them all. Nowadays they have three or four things on their fix it list and I'm hired to do only one or two. Their money is running out. But now, as apposed to then, there are a lot more people who need fixing.

So I figure it this way, when the economy actually improves, my business may actually diminish. During good times people want bigger and nicer houses in nicer neighborhoods. In bad times they settle for what they have.

I guess that's just the way it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment