Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Black is Still Beautiful

Ordering coffee at Starbucks is one of the more frustrating things I do. I love their coffee but I hate saying "no room." It used to be if you wanted black coffee your ordered "black."

Here's the frustration. Ninety percent of their employees either cannot hear the word "no," don't understand what "no" means, or won't take "no" for an answer, as in saying "no room." "Black" means you do not use cream. Therefore when you order black coffee you get a full cup.

This morning I ordered coffee with "no room." She said, "One coffee with room coming up." I said "no room." She said, "What?" I said, "No room." So I got my coffee with "room." So I said, I wanted my coffee "black." That means I "do not" want room for cream.

And this isn't the first time I have had to go through this. So either Starbacuks needs to furnish hearing aids to their help, teach them to read lips, or change their terminology. I'm a good customer who deserves a good listener behind the counter.

No comments:

Post a Comment