Sunday, June 26, 2011

Ever Wished You Had?

Have you ever had one of those brain storms in which you had a great idea which would have made a great invention..... but you never followed through? I had that happen a few years back and every time I see a fiber optic Christmas tree I rue the day that I thought of it. It was actually an idea I had about three years before we saw them on the market. That doesn't mean that someone else had not thought of it, or even patented it by then. But there is a possibility that I might have been the first. But I let that idea slide. Then one day I saw them appearing at Christmas time and I realized that it was a good idea. I wish I had followed through.

Another thing I wish I had done was hang on to my Ford Motor stock back when the market was crashing. I had bought 5,000 shares at about $3.00 per share. Sold them at $1.32 a share. It looked like the government was going to take over Ford Motor along With GM, which would mean the stock would be worth nothing. I got what I could get. Then Ford bottomed out at $1.12 per share and announced that they would make it on their own. Since then the Stock has been over $20 per share and has become one of the premier car companies. Well, do the math. I just wish I had.....

I think life is full of those incidents. If we could see the future a little clearer we would do a lot of things differently. And doing those things could lead to a different future.

No comments:

Post a Comment