Thursday, June 30, 2011

Scorcher!

Yesterday was a scorcher as temps nearly hit 100. I began work at 7:00 am to complete a deck, but the heat still caught up with me. I drank over two gallons of water and still dehydrated which resulted in really bad leg cramps last night. Whew! Sometimes I think I am an idiot for going out and working in the heat. I really had no choice as my customers expect timely completion of the job and my schedule also demands completion.

This is a strange year. My business had one of the slowest starts ever in the winter and early spring, but it is my busiest summer ever. I am currently booked two weeks ahead and have been booked as much at four weeks. This winter things will come to a screeching halt. That's just the way this business is.

But the heat is a killer! Slows things down and tires a guy out! It makes me wonder why I didn't go into banking or something like that. Oh well, it is what it is and I do what I have to do to get done what must be done.

With all this said now, I will enjoy my Starbucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment