Friday, December 16, 2011

Narrowing The Field

Fox's Republican candidate debate took place last night. I thought it was a good debate that defined the positions of several of the candidates. I think that the Republicans have several candidates who would make a worthy president. There is only one that I would outright disqualify.... Ron Paul. And I feel that there were two clear winners last night: Mitt Romney and Newt Gingrich. There are two other candidates I like very well: Michelle Bachman and Rick Santorum. I feel that Perry and Huntsman are weak candidates, but could still make good presidents.

Ron Paul, more or less disqualified himself with his stance on national defense. He is even weaker than Obama and Obama would like to give away the farm. One thing we must all remember, our nation was bought with blood, maintained by blood, kept free by blood, and it will require more blood to stay free. The best way to prevent bloodshed is through a very strong military. It must be the strongest in the world. The USA must chart it's own course and not be followers of the rest of the world.

Michelle Bachman did well, but she needs to stop attacking Newt because Newt is able to take care of himself and can turn the tables. I think she has great ideas and would have the resolve to be a good and disciplined president.

Santorum was good in every way. He just didn't say anything that was rememberable. I think He would make an excellent president, but the key is to win the election. All good ideas are moot unless you win. He needs a little more fire. There appears to be no skeletons in his closet.

Perry could make a good president but can't win the election.

Romney is the big pleasant surprise for me. He clarified several positions. He is also even tempered and well spoken and has a certain Charisma. He ranks very high on presidential credentials. I especially like his stance on foreign policy and national defense. I went from liking him but distrusting him to liking him more and trusting him more.

Newt. Well, Newt is Newt. I didn't like him because of things I had heard and because of his personal life. He seems to have those things taken care of. But this man is brilliant. Obama could never effectively debate him because Newt has the ability to turn the tables. Also, this man is the greatest reason President Clinton was successful. He would make a great president.

I have it narrowed to two probables: Mitt Romney and Newt Gingrich. I hope that who ever loses would consent to being vice president. A vice president with a more active roll. There is too much talent here to waste.

Who is the Republicans worst enemy? Donald Trump and Ron Paul. Why? because they both have the ability to split the party and ensure that Obama gets re-elected.

That's the way I see it.

Enjoy your coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment