Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Farmer Rod. Part 2

Well folks, It has finally happened. Something I never would have imagined.... I became a farmer. The land deal went through yesterday and we have already received $9300 in rent on the land. That's a little over 5% on the cost of the land. I wonder what I am growing this year. Do you suppose I should contact the renter and find out? I hope it's not pot. Wouldn't that be something?

The realtor said there were three other offers on the land since we tendered out offer. That must mean something good. If anyone knows where Climax, Minnesota is, that is where the land is. I suppose I should go up there and watch the corn grow. Have a cup of coffee if they have a coffee shop. Have a sandwich if they have that. One thing for sure, though.... they have no Starbucks. The Scriptures say that the day will come when a piece of bread will buy a bag of gold. When that time comes you might find me there selling bread. The two most expensive things on the planet will be bread and Starbucks Coffee. People will be running to us wanting to trade in their old used jewelry for a loaf of bread. But guess what? The land is clear and free.... but the house is not.



No comments:

Post a Comment