Monday, April 26, 2010

Good as Gold

There aren't many things that are as good as gold nowadays. But I know of one thing that is, I mean other than gold, itself. That one thing just happens to be My Starbucks Gold Card! Yes, sir! the card is gold. I had to buy 30 beverages to get this card. And the card does have benefits like, free refills with each visit. So now I can buy a tall (which is a small) for a buck-sixty-eight instead of a Grande (which is a medium) for two-oh-one. Then I can get the free refill (at no cost.... that's why its free). So I can get a hot coffee to go at no cost. Cool.

Hey, I also get a free beverage after 15 purchases, a free beverage for buying a pound of whole bean coffee, a free beverage on my birthday, and a free personalized gold card (the card is not free, I bought a lot of stuff to get it). But the card is as good as gold.... for Starbucks. I got a gold card, but they got my real gold. But the good thing is that coffee helps prevent colon cancer (so I'm told). So, drinking coffee (my favorite beverage) is like an insurance policy against colon cancer. Pretty cheap if it actually prevents colon cancer.

What else can I say? Visit your local Starbucks Insurance Company and buy a policy at $1.50 a cup.

No comments:

Post a Comment