Saturday, December 11, 2010

By the Fire

Saturday night in Phoenix and Audrey and I are sitting by the fire. That is: we are sitting by the fire drinking hot tea and reading. Well, actually, Audrey is reading and I am blogging.

This is just the way the Christmas season should be; warm and sunny, walks to the plaza, museums, coffee shops, hot tea, and a warm fire. Somehow Christmas music sounds just as good to me when there is no snow. I don't dream of the white Christmas as I have experienced a good many of them. I seriously doubt that there was snow in Bethlehem where Jesus was born. Seeing cactus at Christmas time suits me as being just right.

Our villa away from home is very livable. We have a nice kitchen with modern appliances and granite countertops. The dining room is bigger than the one at our house. We have a nice living room with a fire place and a flat screen TV with high def. The bathroom is huge with a large shower and jacuzzi. The balcony is large and overlooks the golf course. And the bedroom has a king-sized heavenly bed. This is luxury living away from home.

But tonight it is all about sitting by the fireplace and doing my blogging. It is quiet, peaceful, cozy and even a little romantic.

Here's hoping that all my kin in Minnesota, North Dakota, Wisconsin, and Michigan enjoy the whitest Christmas ever! Break out the popcorn and hot chocolate! Or you could just go to Starbucks and watch it snow through the big glass windows. Happy shoveling!

No comments:

Post a Comment