Monday, December 20, 2010

The Cow

Going to the grandkids Christmas programs is one of the Christmas traditions that we have kept over the years. This year was no exception. My Grandson, Cade, and my Granddaughter, Julia, were in a program this Sunday.

It was really a cool program but reminded me of the days we used to put them on and the work that went into them. It involved a time machine concept and, of course, toward the end of the program ended up in Bethlehem at the stable where Jesus was born. At this point all the little kids came in wearing their costumes. One was a star that led them to Bethlehem. There were also the wise men, the angels, the shepherds, and, of course the animals.

The animal costumes included a cap that had the face and ears of the animal they were representing. All went well until the cow came in. This poor kid had his cow cap on backwards and made it look like the cows head was on backwards. Easy enough mistake for a little kid. But it looked to funny that I started laughing and couldn't stop. I'd stop, then burst out laughing again. A little embarrassing in church. Even now as I write this I have the giggles. I can't get the image of that backwards cow head out of my mind.

This is a Christmas program I am sure to remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment