Thursday, December 9, 2010

No Mayo

When I say "no mayo" I'm not talking about Mayo Clinic, although I don't need that right now either. I mean, "no mayo" as in, "no mayo on my hamburger." Although, tonight I didn't even get to order "no mayo."

We had just flown into Phoenix, shuttled bused to the car rental and drove up the the Aloft, which is supposed to be something like a down graded W Hotel. We parked the car and walked into the lobby where I got instantly sick. They must have sprayed some type of essence to make it smell good, but which I was allergic to. It took me two breaths to get an instant sore throat. We checked in, brought our luggage in then went to dinner.

Dinner was at Ruby Tuesday's. I ordered the smokehouse burger for way too much money. I saw that it had bacon and barbecue sauce on it but I don't remember reading the word "mayo." Now the word might have been there, but I don't remember seeing it. Of course, Audrey would tell you that I read the same way that I find things I'm looking for. I can't find it but she can in exactly the same place I looked. So I ordered the smokehouse burger cooked medium well.

My first bite found the mayo. Yuck! The second bite found the medium rare. More Yuck! The server came by and asked how the food was and I said, "fine." Now you might think that I'm an idiot for saying that but I found out the hard way that you never complain about the food. I've had too many servers make a big deal out of it and make be feel like a heel. Besides, by the time they bring the food back everyone else is finished eating and I get to eat in front of them. So I ate the burger and didn't complain..... until now.

Do you think I will remember that Ruby Tuesday's Smoke House burger has mayo on it the next time I order it? Probably not! It will be several years down the road and I won't remember that medium-well is actually medium-rare, either.

The nicest thing about this so far is.... we rented a Camry. Oh, and the coffee. Well, actually the best thing so far is the airplane didn't fall out of the sky. And, hey! no scanner or pat-down at the airport. Cool, huh?

Oh, and best of all I'm with my sweetheart, Audrey, on vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment