Monday, September 5, 2011

Been A While

It's been a while since my last blog. That is because my business has been really busy and the heat has been really overbearing. By the time I get home I'm really exhausted and not much in the mood for blogging.

This morning, however, It is in the mid 50s, I'm sitting on my deck in the gazebo enjoying the coolness of the day, having breakfast, listening to the birds, watching the sun filter through the limber pine. I'm reflecting on the past several weeks and am looking forward to the day. Today is Labor Day and I am doing no labor. Sweet!

I did, however, read the Wall Street Journal, and I see that European zone stocks are down as much as 4% this morning. That is primarily based on the USA report of zero job growth. They think we are headed for another recession. Could be. This means that tomorrows stock market will sink. Ouch! But if you have cash, this week may be the time to buy. After a big slump the bargain hunters always show up and start buying, which pushed stocks back up. You will need a good stock and good luck.

Gold has been surging over the past year. A year ago I thought gold was too expensive at $1200 per ounce. Now it is nearly $1900 per ounce. Food commodities are also doing well, up about 30% in the past year. The Scriptures say the day will come that a piece of bread will buy a bag of gold. With drought, famine, and starvation in our world today we are headed that direction.

As I sit in the coolness of the day I am enjoy a good cup of black coffee. That is coffee "with no room" at Starbucks.

Until next time..... God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment