Friday, September 16, 2011

Sleepy In Seattle

The W Hotel is a wonderful place if you can afford it.... and we can.... with Star Points through the Starwood system. The 24th floor and a corner room with lots of windows offer a great view of Seattle. A super soft bed and central air conditioning ad to the luxury and the probability of a good night's sleep. Ah, Seattle! One of my favorite cities.

This time, unlike last time, I flew in an airplane that didn't flap it's wings. That's nothing unusual, in fact its normal. Except last time I thought we were headed for a crash landing. That jet shook, shuttered, and made unusual noises. This flight was superb.

Today is full of nothing in particular. Already had breakfast at Starbucks.... straight across the street from the W. I will visit the fish market, visit coffee shops, take pictures and not think about work. As Maynard G. Krebbs said, "WORK!"

Oh, I guess most of you don't remember the Dobie Gillis Show. That's back during black and white TV and when comedy was still clean fun. It was before wide screen TV, too (for those of you who think wide screen has always been with us).

I guess I got off the subject. All I wanted to say is that Audrey and I are in Seattle.

Enjoy your coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment