Friday, September 30, 2011

From Seattle to Steamboat

Every time I think we paid too much for our time shares, I am reminded of the nice places we get to go. A couple of weeks ago we stayed at the W in Seattle, today we are headed for the Regency in Steamboat Springs. At the end of the month I am headed for the Kierland in Phoenix. Previous trips have taken us to Orlando, Orlando, Hawaii, Hawaii, and Hawaii, Seattle, Seattle, Seattle and Seattle.

Today we are headed to Steamboat Springs in the midst of the Rocky Mountains. It is prime time for fall colors and the weather is in the 70's. I couldn't have planned it better myself. O wait, I did plan it myself. I gotta remember my camera, and my swimsuit for the hot springs. Oh yes, and my hiking shoes. I won't have trouble remembering those since they are my only shoes. Yes, Sir! Nothing like hiking shoes and wool socks to keep your feet warm.... or cool.

The drive through the mountains is a great feature. I say there is no place in the world more beautiful than Colorado. Others must think so too since the traffic is bumper to bumper all the way up and back. I was born and raised in Minnesota and this has Minnesota beat hands down.... especially in the winter, spring, summer and fall.

Anyway, we are headed for the mountains, the place of much beauty and many Starbucks. Had to mention that because of my love for coffee. No, not that girly sticky stuff they call lattes. Just good black coffee. No room please.

No comments:

Post a Comment