Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Speeches

Show me a politician and I will show you a guy (or gal) who likes to talk. Politicians are great at making speeches. Well, that and making new laws. We've been speeched (my new word) and legislated to death. Laws and speeches...... speeches and laws. But for all that's worth, and maybe because of it all, our economy still stinks. And yet, tonight our president will make one more worthless speech.

This guy has no clue concerning what makes the economy tick and how to create a job. I have created more jobs than he has. What he doesn't understand is that tax paying Americans need tax relief, and net tax receivers need to start paying some taxes. Well, that was a side bar. All I know is that I can't hire even a subcontractor to a job if I have no job to hire him to and if there is no profit in the job. Otherwise, my only reward is working for free and added risk. And to stay afloat I can't just go get more money like the government does.

The long and the short of it, there is no job creation because the government is squeezing it's tax payers. While doing this government is reducing the reward for hard work while rewarding those who hardly work.

We don't need more speeches and laws. We need to repeal some of the laws that exist and we need to have our politicians keep their big mouths shut and do something constructive for job growth..... like keeping out of the way. Politicians are dead wood, but businesses know how to be creative and survive and thrive, if they are just left alone.

Anyway, that's my two cents. I hope it's worth more than the Starbucks coffee I am currently sipping.

No comments:

Post a Comment