Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Not Facebook Fan

Over the past ten years or so, social networking has literally exploded into multi billion dollar business. I have no issues with that. I think these networks are a wonderful way to interact. I use Facebook myself, but primarily to post my blog which I admit nearly no one reads. But that's okay.

So why am I not a fan? Well, it's because of the abuses. I can handle a one-a-day or two-a-day posting by my friends. But there are those who post 10-15-20 times a day and talk about really trivial things or nothing oat all. I'm not interested in your feuds, the color of your underwear, or how badly you feel because you stayed up too late the night before. I do like the pictures of your kids, but only so many of them.... get it? When you post, help me to look forward to reading it. Don't post so many times per day that I just skip over it. And also, remember, a derogatory remark about someone else is there for the whole world to see..... including a future employer.

There is something else in life besides Facebook.... right?

Well, I've had my say and I expect to get blasted for it. But that's okay.... I've had my say.

No comments:

Post a Comment