Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Curt, Lorie, Rachel

Being the world's worst speller, I don't know if I spelled any of their names right. Curt is my brother who lives in Phoenix, Lorie is his wife, and Rachel is their adopted daughter whom they love very much. That is where I went for my brief vacation. They are great hosts.

Since this blog site is about nothing, this blog is very appropriate because we basically did nothing. Well, at least there was no pressure to do anything. Lorie and Rachel did lots of things in the daily routine of care for Rachel. Curt and I basically drank coffee. I had coffee at the hotel. We had coffee at Curt's house. We drove down to Starbucks for coffee, back to his house for more coffee, then over to the coffee bean. Good, black, strong coffee. If the doctors are right.... no colon cancer for us. I like this society we live in. Its like..... "coffee made easy." What else could you ask for? Of, course we could ask Obama to make it an entitlement.

Well, we did do some things. We hiked to the top of one of their mountains. That was fun. That was also worth about..... an hour. That's an hour up and back. Rachel had a blast with that. Curt and I gabbed all the way up. I guess that is the other main thing we did.... gab. We also drove down around the Cardinal's new stadium that looks like a giant ufo from a distance, but pretty nice up close. I've never figured out how a team name "Cardinals" can win.

The big Cabellas Store is next to the Cardinals stadium, so we went there. Quite the sporting store. Lot's of taxidermy, fishing, boating, clothes, restaurant, camping, and..... thank goodness for the restrooms. We, of course had to have coffee on the way down.

Friday night we went to a pizza place with delicious deep dish pizzas. They also serve a half baked cookie topped with vanilla ice cream. Delicious.

Thanks for being a great host!


No comments:

Post a Comment