Tuesday, March 23, 2010

On the Road Again

"On the Road Again." That's probably my favorite Willie Nelson song. And.... I am on the road again. I was going to leave Denver for Phoenix early this morning, then Cathy Sabin, said that at 6:00 am we'd be driving in the rain and snow. So I decided to leave last night. I drove all night and made it to Albuquerque on one tank of gas. I took a one hour nap at a rest area near Las Vegas. Then I was behind the wheel again and rolled into Albuquerque at 4:30 am.

When I got to the Village Inn (yuk!) I fired up my computer, and guess what? Denver has clear skies. I really don't think that being a weather person is a ligit job. How do they do what they do with impunity? They are my least favorite people on TV. I hope it snows in Denver after all so that they have to go out on cold street corners and highways and scoop up handfuls of snow to show the TV audience while they stand there and shiver. I also hope the snow melts before I return home from my Arizona vacation.

The Village Inn is all I could find that was open. A cold skillet, cold pancakes, and luke warm coffee. Think of that the next time you see their ad guy knocking cappuccinos (which, by the way are not pants).

Tomorrow I will be on the road again. I think I'm going to drive by a flagstaff. Do you suppose they named their city after a flagstaff? How big was that staff?

No comments:

Post a Comment