Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Do You Want Room?

I remember when I could order a cup of black coffee, which meant, just that, black. Thanks to Starbucks nobody knows what black coffee is any more. It's kind of strange when I say I'd like a tall, black coffee (which is a small). Then they just stare at me and ask if I'd like room for cream. Who the heck ever started putting cream in coffee anyway? What's even worse is when I order a tall (small) coffee with no room. Then they ask me anyway if I want room. This is almost without fail.

Once I get my tall coffee with no room I need to get a napkin which is located right next to the cream. Ya, you guessed it, some obnoxiously oblivious person is standing there blocking everything while they are ruining their coffee with cream and sugar. They pour cream and stir, pour cream and stir, add sugar and stir and stir and stir. Then taste and stir some more. By now the line up behind them is reaching the door. They don't know that anyone else is there. Who are these children in adult bodies? Don't they have jobs to go to? Is that the same person that drives 25 in a 45? Do they have to hold up everybody else's life? Sheesh! Oh, wait a minute, I think I see a Prius.

No comments:

Post a Comment