Saturday, February 27, 2010

Just Skis

After being up in the beautiful Colorado mountains for a snowy hike, I have decided I want some cross country skis. I see others doing it and it looks like fun. So, I thought I'd look into buying some skis. The skis themselves vary from $119 a pair to over $700. So, I'm thinking of getting the $150 pair. Not bad. Oh, but wait! I need the bindings for another $100 and the boots that attached to the bindings for $80 and the ski poles for $50. All set for $380.

Now, wait a minute! That's a little more than I expected. But, of course, I also need a ski pack to carry necessities in. $80. And what about ski pants and a ski jacket. I'm actually afraid to price them. Then, what if I get all this stuff and fall down and break my leg! Will anybody buy equipment found on a body that is frozen stiff?

Will my wife say, "would you like a pair of ski pants that my dead husband wore when he froze to death? Do you think there would be any buyers. I mean, these are not John Elway's ski pants, they are Rod Speed's. And I didn't even autograph them.

So, If I spend $500 on ski gear and I go twice a year for the next 10 years that comes to $25 a time. Not too bad. At least that guarantees that I'll live another 10 years. Suddenly this sounds like a bargain.

No comments:

Post a Comment