Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Little House On the Prairie



I live in the little house on the prairie, in the city, next to the mountains. Not exactly like the original "little house on the prairie." Life is definitely a little easier here. But why do I bring this up? Well, isn't that where they had the "long hard winter?" Now, I realize that the winter here is no where near as severe as the original "long hard winter." But quite frankly, I am definitely tired of this winter. It is longer and harder than I like.
I don't know why these weather forecasters can't keep the snow in the mountains where they need it and like it. Why do they have to spread their misery all over the city, too. Oh, I know why! The car wash operators are bribing them. So are the snow plow guys. Why can't they just go plow snow in the mountains? I think the mag-chloride guys have bribed the weatherman, too! No, It's not enough for them to get a salary, they have to take bribes, too! They must work for the government.

Now, I don't mind snow as long as it is confined to the mountains. I mean, up there they ski, and snowshoe, and close roads. What else do they have to do? And I do like watering my lawn all summer, so we need the snow in the reservoirs. But all these reservoirs are in the mountains, so let's just restrict the snow to there. Oh, alright, I can make one exception. Lot's of people down here like a white Christmas. I mean, man, they sing about that for two and a half months before Christmas actually gets here. But it doesn't have to actually snow here for Christmas. I'm cool just dreaming about it. Just like I think about putting the Christmas lights on the house, but never do. I'm satisfied with that.

So I think we should hire weathermen that keep the snow where it belongs. And speaking of that, where is my sunshine? I want more sunshine! And when I snowshoe in the mountains I want two feet of fresh fallen snow with plenty of sunshine. Come on, weatherman!

No comments:

Post a Comment