Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Were They THAT Good?

I thought the Canadians were very good in the Ice Dancing Competition. But were they that good? The Americans program was much earlier and I thought it was fantastic. Zero errors and a great, fun to watch program. Then I saw the Canadians and I knew it would be between the two. I thought the Americans were better as I compared the two. I can live with the results.

However, the one that surprised me was the Russians edging out the other American couple for the bronze. They were not nearly as good and used ropes to propel themselves around. Here's what I think happened: I think the Russians threw such a stink with the men's singles that the judges felt inclined to medal them in the ice dancing regardless of their performance.

What impressed me was the sweet attitude of the Americans taking fourth when they should have medaled. True sportsmanship.... unlike the Russians.

Lucky us! The next olympics is in Russia. I wonder what will happen there.

No comments:

Post a Comment